Sunday, May 11, 2014

Rome Day Off


Today the boys begged for "a nice, peaceful day at the hotel." So, we sat around in our jammies and did basically nothing. Sometimes you just need a break from sightseeing!



The boys caught up on their travel journals, Andrew and I booked the rest of our trip (no minute like the last minute...), and we had a calm, relaxing day.
Since it's Sunday, the church bells have been ringing all day and oddly, there has been choir music blaring from loudspeakers. It was a surreal moment when it sounded exactly like Simon and Garfunkle's "Sounds of Silence" was being sung in Italian by a choir. I might be wrong, but I don't think I am.
Tomorrow we are going to the Vatican, which is its own country, and we hope to see the Sistine Chapel. We bought tickets online to avoid the lines.
Andrew and the boys are practicing their French amid much guffaws and giggles to be ready for Paris day after tomorrow.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! More photos of gorgeous things coming tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM , Blogger tree gardeners of uptown said...

mais oui, je suis manatee!

 
At May 12, 2014 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting pictures. I highly doubt I will ever see those sights in my lifetime but I can always live vicariously through the Winter family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home